Saturday 18 January 2014

Does prawn and lobster belong on a pizza?

The answer is yes. I've long been a fan of shellfish on pizza (as a kid, my favourite Pizza Hut pizza was the Seafarer) but I'd never seen lobster pizza on a menu before. So of course I had to order it when I saw it on the Prezzo menu.


The sad thing is, the pizza was a let down, but not because of any of the toppings (king prawns, lobster, courgettes, cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, red onion, rocket). No, the thing that ruined it for me was the bechamel sauce, which replaced the familiar tomato sauce base. This was of course my fault, as it was clearly labelled on the menu, but it does not go well on pizza in my opinion. It is far too rich and creamy, especially when the pizza is quite sizeable.

I'll stick to tomato sauce next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment