Wednesday 25 December 2013

The Angel at Burford is a true gem

In one of the side streets along Burford High Street is a 16th century pub and restaurant called The Angel. It has a warm and homely feel and, most importantly of all, fantastic food and great service.

I went there after a day out at the Cotswold Wildlife Park, which is just a short three-mile drive away. That's also a fantastic place to visit, but that's another story.

Onto the food. Every dish our party had was presented wonderfully and, as far as I am aware, everyone gave it a thumbs up for taste. Our waitress was also very friendly and helpful.

Those who read my previous blog entry would know how horrified I was with the pate starter I had at The George & Vulture pub in London. Not this time. This looks much better...

Pan-seared scallops. Lovely and cooked to perfection.

My soft and juicy steak.

An old favourite of mine: bread and butter pudding.

Then there were the rest of the dishes. Unfortunately I was too busy tucking into my own lunch than taking notes of what these dishes that my fellow diners ate were exactly. But at least they look tasty.










So if you're in the area, give it a visit.

Address: 14 Witney Street, Burford, OX18 4SN

No comments:

Post a Comment