Sunday 17 November 2013

BBC Good Food Show -


Yesterday, I went to my first BBC Good Food Show (London). It was pricey - over £25.00 per ticket! But it was fun and I tried different foods throughout the day.

Apart from eating the free samples, I did actually buy some food as well! I visited The Bell & Brisket, part of the "Pop-Up Restaurant & Street Food Experience". I tried "The Lord Rupert" - basically a salt beef bagel with gherkin, cheese and pickle. Not bad if you like brisket. And if you didn't fancy the bagel, you could substitute it with black rye buns instead.




Then came dessert, courtesy of the James Martin Dessert Kitchen. On the left was a Delice au Cassis (I had to ask what that was!), which was a type of light blackcurrant mousse. On the right was a Chocolate Marquise - a rich chocolate dessert.

On that note, James Martin is one of my favourite celebrity chefs and I was very pleased I got to meet him later on in the day, albeit very briefly.


Later, I visited the MasterChef live show, complete with Gregg Wallace and John Torode. Champions Natalie Coleman (2013) and Shelina Permalloo (2012) joined for a 20-minute on-stage cook off! Shelina won.


And if you squint hard enough, you'll see Michel Rouz Jr signing one of his cook books...


All in all, a solid day out. Pricey, but worth a visit if you enjoy sampling food and watching demos of cooking utensils.

No comments:

Post a Comment